- This event has passed.
South Dakota Biotech Breakthrough Virtual Summit 2020
September 28 @ 11:00 am - September 29 @ 1:00 pm UTC-5$25 – $75
While 2020 has been a year of challenges, it’s also been a year of breakthroughs. And South Dakota has been on the leading edge. This year’s annual South Dakota Biotech Breakthrough Summit will be held virtually, with the hope of broadening our reach and making our breakthrough work accessible to all. Join us to learn what’s happening statewide, from human and animal health to agriculture.
Collaborate with us on how we can continue breaking through the barriers of deploying these new technologies to heal, fuel and feed a growing world.
Monday, September 28:
11:00-11:05 Welcome from Joni Johnson
- SD Biotech Executive Director
11:05-12:00 Keynote Speaker – Brittany Sickler, Senior Innovation Policy Advisor Office of Innovation and Technology, Office of Investment and Innovation, U.S. Small Business Administration
12:00-12:15 Biotransformation R&D Institute Update.
12:15-1:15 Bioscience Post COVID-19: Opportunities & Challenges in Feeding, Fueling, and Healing Industry Sectors.
- Eddie Sullivan, Ph.D. – SAB Biotherapeutics
- Joe Jump – Senior Scientist, Novozymes
- Alan Berry, Ph.D. – Senior Director of Microbial Development, Novozymes
Tuesday, September 29:
11:00-11:05 Welcome from Sue Lancaster
- SD Biotech Board President and VP of Corporate Development for South Dakota Innovation Partners
11:05-12:00 Supplier Fraud and the Loss of Two Taurus XL Rockets. NASA Lessons learned.
- Wade A. Krieger – Special Agent, NASA Office of the Inspector General (OIG)
12:00-12:15 USD Discovery District Update
12:15-1:15 Meet South Dakota Manufacturers Specializing in the Life Sciences.
- Electronic Systems, Inc. – Gary Larson, President
- Falcon Plastics – Kyle Bender, Sales Account Manager
- Spartronics – Ryan Carlson, Site Manager
- B9 Creations – Dani Mason, Marketing & Communications Director
ABOUT SOUTH DAKOTA BIOTECH
For over 12 years, this nonprofit organization has dedicated itself to developing biotechnology through expanding research, advocacy, funding, education, infrastructure development, and promotion.
Headquartered in Sioux Falls, S.D., South Dakota Biotech strives to create an expansive bio-based economy in all areas of the life sciences. Including human health, food and agriculture, and renewable energy biotechnology, to drive innovation to heal, fuel, and feed a growing world.
To learn more, visit www.sdbio.org.